This lovely work of FanArt was made by Al Scott.
This lovely work of FanArt was made by Al Scott.
Hello my lovely vamps.
Today for the first time I received a gift from a fan. Their interpretation of me as a cartoon. Shout out to Fan Cody for doing this small drawing. Thank you for the support!
Hello ladies and gents! For my second interview ever, I was able to do an email interview with Cherrydollface. It was a pleasure and I thank her for taking time out of her busy schedule to answer questions she may or may not have heard 1000x! Xoxo – Mercy
M: What inspired you to create videos on YouTube?
C: When I was just pinup modeling, I styled myself for all of my shoots and girls would always ask how I was doing certain styles. So I made a YouTube channel as a supplement to that!
M: Were you surprised by the response your videos received?
C: Absolutely! I thought “oh maybe I will get a few hundred girls to follow this” and now I just top 275,000 and 17 million views.
M: Is the process to create your videos lengthy?
C: Totally depends on the video! Style videos always take longer because there is a lot of outfit changing. Tutorials are probably the quickest to film because it is just one angle and a straight through image.
M: Have you always been interested in modeling?
C: Not really… It kind of just happened and it was fun so I kept doing it.
M: If not, what did you aspire to be?
C: I went to school to be a drug and alcohol counselor originally. After doing that for two years, I realized it was too emotionally draining, so I went back to school for business. I was never totally sure what I wanted to do, but I knew I didn’t want to be stuck in an office cubicle.
M: What attracted you to the retro look than any other?
C: I love the classic style. I love how beautiful and feminine it makes me feel. I love that it takes actual effort.
M: Is there another style you’d like to try?
C: I am kind of a chameleon. I always try to mix my vintage inspired ideas with other interesting looks. I pay attention to current fashion and I also like aspects of goth, punk – I just like to be creative and interesting.
M: What are some of your favorite retro ladies/gents and why?
C: Hmm, not to sure how to answer this one! I don’t really follow many “public figure” type people so I don’t know what is really happening in the “scene”. Most of who I follow are either friends or companies. I wouldn’t say I have a favorite. I embrace variety!
M: What is the most rewarding thing about what you do?
C: Meeting girls and having them tell me stories of how I have inspired them in any way – big or small. It is so amazing to be able to travel all over the world and actually meet these girls that are otherwise just screennames. I love hugging all the hot babes that follow me!
M: Are there any negatives?
C: It is exhausting! But in a good way- it is totally worth it. But, I put a lot of myself out there and sometimes overextend. A lot of girls that do what I do don’t interact with their followers. I try to answer as many messages and comments as I possibly can and sometimes it takes me away from things I need to focus on in my personal life. But, I just want to be there for the ladies that need me!
M: What inspired you to create the deed of the week?
C: My main goal is to be a positive light in a sea of (going to be really honest here) super mean girls. I spent so many years watching girls tear each other down – and watching the girls at the top of the “scene” be rude and catty publicly. I realized that the younger girls were becoming this way because that was the only examples of how to behave they were being exposed too. So, I figured I would do my small little part to try not to be an asshole and set a positive example. It ISN’T cool to be mean.
M: Have you always been self confident?
C: Not always. I was the typical insecure teenager. Even in my early 20s I was still trying to figure out who I was and I even had a small period of being that mean girl myself. I think it is natural to lash out when you have no confidence. It takes the light off of you and throws it on whoever you are picking on. But then I realized that wasnt who I wanted to be, so I changed.
M: What do you think every lady and gent could do to become more self confident and pass on positivity?
C: I think self confidence starts with how we treat other people. It feela genuinely good to be nice to others. Which is a lot of what I hope to do with my deed of the week. I feel like it is easy to tumble down the rabbit hole of others ( even if it’s online ) and once you fall too far down that rabbit hole, you just don’t feel good about yourself. You just can’t. The more young people that see their role models being nice and positive, the more that positivity spreads!
Want more Cherrydollface? Check out the links below!
Hello Devils & Creeps!
If you are all on Facebook and like my blog here on wordpress — go show some “Likes” on my Facebook page! Stay in touch with a lot of things to do with Music and Films! Also the latest videos! YES! I still do my youtube with my love Will, but I am also at a stage where I need to do something that’s just for me. Stay in Touch my ghouls.
Hello Creeps. Welcome to another Q & A. You guys have sent in questions and here I am to answer them:
What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
– On rainy days, I feel the most creative. I take advantage of that creativity and move forward with my works. Either that or curl up and enjoy some fresh baked foods.
Are you Tattooed? And what is your opinion on Tattoos?
– I currently have zero tattoos but I am yearning to get my first ink! I adore tattoos, when they are done properly. I think sometimes people don’t think before they get one and it turns out a less quality than they expected! Always do your research and take the time to love your design! I also love how tattoos share a person’s journey in their individual spirit!
Do you wear corsets and where do you get them?
– Yes! I do wear corsets. Not only have they helped me with any posture problems but they help me when singing! (Which is hard to attempt in a corset). I get them at Corset Story (pop it in Google Search!)
How do you feel about the concept of revenge?
– I feel it’s a useless concept. Living out of spite for someone isn’t a way to live. Your life is lovely in it’s own manner – even the bad parts! Stay forth and appreciate the little things.
Do you believe in tarot cards?
– I do believe that Tarot cards are a way of helping you deep think about a current situation in your life. The symbolism in the cards triggers your brain in someway to aid you. I personally, see it as a form of meditation more than anything else. I’ve used tarot readings to aid me in troubles! It has worked.
How do you get over being self conscious?
– It’s hard, but worth it! I think, you naturally get over it when you see that you do have power deep within you. I got to the point where I was fed up pleasing everyone and started going my route.